RESU Matched Inverters
If you already have solar panels then the battery installer will connect the battery to your existing system. It is important to know that to install battery storage a battery-ready inverter is required. Battery-ready inverters are often referred to as self-consumption inverters. Many households with existing solar will have a grid-tie inverter which connects your solar system to the grid. Most of these grid-tie inverters will not be battery-ready self-consumption inverters. Installation of hybrid type self-consumption inverters means a grid-tie inverter is no longer required.
The LG Chem RESU6.5EX / RESU3.2EX battery energy storage system has been matched with the SMA Sunny Island 3.0M/4.4M, Sungrow 5kW Hybrid and SolaX Hybrid inverters and allows you to store your solar-generated power and use it at any time 24 hours a day.
The Selectronic SP PRO and ABB Inverter are also great potential candidates for matching with the RESU PLUS series.
The LG Chem low voltage 48V battery storage units, RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10, have been matched with the SMA Sunny Island 3.0M/4.0M, SolaX X-Hybrid, Sungrow SH 5K, Nedap PowerRouter, Goodwe ES-series, Redback SH4600 and Ingeteam Ingecon Sunstorage hybrid inverters. The LG Chem high voltage 400V battery storage units, LG Chem RESU 7H and LG Chem RESU 10H have been matched with the SMA Sunny Boy Storage 2.5, SolarEdge SE, Delta Solarcity Exclusive, and Fronius Symo hybrid inverters.
Low voltage inverters:
SMA Sunny Island Battery Inverter
SMA SUNNY ISLAND 3.0M/4.0M
The Sunny Island 3.0M and 4.4M support a wide range of on-grid and off-grid applications,
and both systems have a number of compelling product features.
Users benefit from SMA’s over 25 years of experience with battery inverter technology.
Its high protection class, wide temperature range and overload capacity provide the kind of
reliability needed for off-grid use. Intelligent load and energy management keeps the system
running even in critical situations.
Being a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System for new and existing PV systems,
the Sunny Island system stores generated solar power and works with the Sunny Home Manager
to intelligently manage home energy consumption.
The quick configuration guide and intuitive user interface help ensure quick and
convenient commissioning in any both cases.
The new Sunny Island 3.0M and 4.4M systems are the perfect product solutions
for stand-alone and grid-connected systems in a power output range of up to 13 kW.
- For self-consumption systems, battery backup systems and off-grid systems
- For single- and three-phase systems from 2 to 13 kW
- All lead-acid batteries and many lithium-ion batteries can be used
- Maximum efficiency greater than 95 %
- High efficiency of overall system
- Easy commissioning and installation
Safe and reliable
- Proven safety - external certification
- Intelligent battery management means long battery life
- Reliable operation as a result of high overload capacity
Sungrow SH 5K Hybrid Inverter
SUNGROW SH5K HYBRID 5kW
The Sungrow SH5K 5kW Hybrid Inverter can be the perfect solution where a new inverter needs replacement and battery energy storage is a part of your plans for Solar Storage in the future. The SH5K Hybrid inverter can also be used as part of the zero export system and power distribution network storage system.
- Handy and light, easy to handle without lift machinery assistance,
- lower the cost of installation and maintenance.
- EMS Integrated, multiple-target can be optimized
- Integrated DC combine and surge protection function, lower the system cost
- DC switch, safe and convenient for maintenance
- Dual MPPTs
Safe and long lifetime
- Compatible with RESU6.5EX
- Charging/discharging lifetime up to 6000 cycles
- Max. Efficiency at 98.0%
- Active power continuously adjustable (0~100%)
- Reactive power control with power factor 0.8 lagging~0.8 leading
Nedap Powerouter Hybrid Inverter
for feed-in with backup power supply
This PowerRouter is best suited for countries with feed-in or generation tariff programs where grid failures occur frequently. Integrated into a single compact unit, the PowerRouter feeds self- generated solar energy back into the grid, while ensuring that the battery remains full. During a grid failure, the PowerRouter switches over to “island mode” and its fully charged batteries keep your loads energized. No extra inverters or cables are necessary. Simply connect solar panels, batteries and loads to the PowerRouter and start saving.
- available in 5.0kW, 3.7kW and 3.0kW versions
- integrated battery manager
- compact, easy to install, all-in-one system
- compatible with all modern PV technologies, including thin film
- 2 fully independent MPP trackers
- integrated backup power supply (“Local Out”)
- easy installation with built-in wizard
- integrated web-based monitoring & management
- matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, RESU10
maximize your output
Maximize the yield of your solar power system by selecting the most cost-effective energy mode. The system has two wide-range inputs with fully independent MPP trackers to maximize yield and system configuration flexibility.
This revolutionary technology allows the PowerRouter to keep its battery full at all times, charging it either from the grid or from self-generated solar energy. Charging conditions can be adjusted to maximize the lifetime of the batteries.
Matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10 battery storage systems.
backup power supply
The PowerRouter Solar Battery has a unique feature: it supplies backup power in the event of a grid failure. Unlike other inverters, the PowerRouter switches to “island mode” when the grid fails. After a short delay it resumes operation, enabling its unique “Local Out” connection to supply a stable 230Vac power signal to your connected loads.
monitor & manage
When the PowerRouter is connected to the internet, the web portal myPowerRouter.com gives detailed system information (e.g. performance, profit, solar yield) on each PowerRouter unit. The PowerRouter can even be remotely updated with new firmware containing the latest features, so your system is always up to date.
matched and ready to save you money
The Nedap PowerRoute is matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10 battery storage systems. Install today and start saving money on your power bills.Download PDF
SolaX X-Hybrid Inverter
SOLAX SK-SU5000E HYBRID INVERTER
Prepare for energy independence by using this premium quality hybrid ready inverter.
This unit gives you the opportunity to monitor property loads over time and
evaluate your energy usage patterns.
STORE ENERGY FOR NIGHT USAGE
Intelligent power priority
Load = Solar > Battery > Grid
USE STORED ENERGY IN POOR WEATHER
FLEXIBLE CHARGE & DISCHARGE TIMES SETTING
EMERGENT POWER SUPPLY
Power your appliances during blackout
EXPORT CONTROL TO THE GRID
Easily set grid export based on requirement
CHARGE BATTERY FROM GRID AT OFF PEAK PERIODS
INTERNAL WIFI & REMOTE MONITORING
Multilingual: English, German, Chinese and Italian
Easy data reading with vivid charts and graphs
Daily/Weekly/Monthly report send to designated email address
Batch inverters monitoring for installers and distributors
24 hour monitoring for Windows/Android/Apple DevicesDownload PDF
Goodwe ES-series Hybrid Inverter
GoodWe ES series bi-directional energy-storage inverter is applicable to both on-grid and off-grid PV systems. It can intelligently control the flow of energy - during the daytime, the PV plant generates electricity which can be provided to the loads, fed into the grid or charge the battery. The electricity stored can be released when the loads require it during the night. Additionally, the power grid can also charge the storage devices via the inverter. Now matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10 battery storage systems.
- Future conception for Solar
- Charge controller and inverter integrated
- Intelligent battery management function
- Capable of being grid-interactive or grid-independent
- Compatible with both Lead-acid and Li-Ion battery
- More security & performance for same costs
- IP65 dust-proof and water-proof rating
- 45°C full-load output
- Monitoring inverter freely via computer or smartphone
- Fanless low-noise design
- Matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10 battery storage systems
Redback SH4600 Hybrid Inverter
Redback SH4600 Hybrid Inverter
- UPS/battery backup in one robust unit
- Easy to mount, configure, and quick installation
- Export control that can be managed according to local grid regulations
- Wi-Fi, generation and consumption monitoring included - no external devices required
- IP65 outdoor unit with unparalleled charge and discharge capabilities
- Intelligent system that maximises self-consumption and provides market leading return on investment
About the tech
The Redback Smart Hybrid Solar Inverter System is a 4.6kW inverter, which we recommend can be paired with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10 battery storage systems.
The System offers hybrid capability, offering an uninterrupted power supply and backup power all in one.
The System’s advanced software allows you to store, monitor and manage your home’s solar energy, maximising your self-consumption and providing market leading return on investment.
The compact, elegantly designed and robust unit is IP65 rated so it can be mounted either inside or outside your home.
For more information download our datasheetDownload PDF
Ingeteam Ingecon Sunstorage Hybrid Inverter
SINGLE-PHASE BATTERY INVERTER WITH TRANSFORMER
The INGECON® SUN STORAGE 1Play battery inverter is a single-phase, two-way unit that can either be used in off-grid systems or con- nected to the general supply network.
The INGECON® SUN STORAGE 1Play inver- ters feature cutting-edge technology to con- trol the charging and discharging of the sto- rage system in order to maximise the battery service life. The battery temperature could be controlled at all times, ensuring correct bat- tery operation and durability. The inverter in- corporates a pre-charge system to avoid bat- tery inrush currents.
The INGECON® SUN STORAGE 1Play permits the connection of a back-up genset, should this be necessary. Furthermore, the inverter
can be started up using this generator, in order to charge the batteries when these are completely discharged.
INGECON® SUN STORAGE 1Play inverters incorporate a PV input. Thanks to this input, the PV array can be connected directly to the inverter.
Energy Management System
Optionally, the inverter can integrate an ener- gy management system (EMS Board or EMS Manager). The EMS Board can be integra- ted inside the inverter. It enables some more advanced features, like peak shaving. Addi- tionally, the EMS Manager offers load control possibilities.
3 year warranty, extendible up to 25 years
- Galvanic isolation between the DC and AC sides.
- AC overvoltages. Insulation faults.
- Output short circuits and overloads.
- Inverter communication via RS-485 and Ethernet.
- DC switch for the PV field. AC power supply system. INGECON® SUN EMS Board.
- INGECON® SUN EMS Manager.
- USB port for Wi-Fi communication (in combination with EMS Board).
- PV input.
- CAN communication for smart batteries. Configurable potential-free inputs. Configurable potential-free outputs, some for the connection and disconnection of the back-up genset.
- DC pre-charge system.
- Battery temperature measurement circuit built-in. PT100 (3-wire) needed.
- matched with LG Chem RESU3.3, RESU6.5, and RESU10
High Voltage Inverters:
Delta Solar City Hybrid Inverter
Delta E5 Hybrid Inverter Overview
DC-coupled lithium-ion energy storage
The Hybrid E5 energy storage system is composed of the single phase RPI E5 hybrid inverter as well as an external battery cabinet equipped with a Li-ion battery, a Power Meter and Smart Monitor.The Hybrid E5 storage system is designed for new PV systems and features a high charging efficiency up to 95%.This is made possible since the E5 inverter can send DC electricity generated by the PV system directly to the battery, without additional power conversion steps or equipment needed. Now matched with LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H battery storage systems.
Because the E5 inverter and battery cabinet ship as two separate compact pieces in the system, greater ﬂexibility and simplified installation of the equipment are an added benefit.The power meter monitors energy ﬂow and sends the data back to the smart monitor, the intelligence in the system.The Smart Monitor not only controls the E5 inverter and battery functionality in an optimized way but it also serves as a gateway to the internet and provides complete energy and battery data coming from the system for online viewing.The data from the Smart Monitor is sent over the internet via a router and can then be viewed on an internet-connected laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Key features include:
- High peak efficiency (PV to Grid) of 97.2% and nominal continuous power output of 5.0 kW for the E5 hybrid inverter
- Power electronics are combined in one enclosure featuring 2 MPPT to connect 5kW of PV panels, 85... 104VDC battery in/output and AC in/output. Thus minimised mounting and interconnections are needed.
- Smart Monitor to control and optimize the system and the power usage of the owner. It provides all power consumption and battery status data to the user online.
- Built-in customized energy management modes for different customer requirements.
- Matched with LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H battery storage systems
SolarEdge SE Hybrid Inverter
StorEdge™ Solution ProductsSolarEdge’s StorEdge™ DC coupled storage solution allows home owners to maximize self-consumption and enables energy independence.
The StorEdge™ solution is based on the following products:
SolarEdge Single Phase Inverter
The SolarEdge inverter manages battery and system energy, in addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter. Existing SolarEdge single phase systems can be upgraded to StorEdge.
To add the StorEdge Solution to PV systems with a SolarEdge three phase inverter or with a non-SolarEdge single or three phase inverter; the StorEdge AC Coupled Invertermay be used.
- Allows connection of the LG Chem RESU7H and RESU10H to a SolarEdge inverter
- Simple installation and connectivity of the battery and the SolarEdge Meter
- Connects to the SolarEdge inverter in parallel to the PV strings
- Designed to eliminate DC voltage and current during installation, maintenance, and firefighting
The SolarEdge meter is used for production and consumption readings, and is required for self-consumption management.
Compatible with the LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H battery storage systems
StorEdge™ Solution with Backup Power ProductsIn addition to optimizing self-consumption, StorEdge can also automatically provide backup power to pre-selected loads when the household suffers from grid interruptions. The StorEdge solution with backup power is based on the following products:
Single Phase StorEdge Inverter
The StorEdge Inverter includes the hardware required for automatically providing power to backed-up loads in case of grid interruption as well as optimizing self-consumption. It manages battery, system energy and backup power, in addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter.
- Single inverter for PV, storage and backup power
- Maximizes self-consumption through export limit feature and time of use shifts for reduced electric bills
- Designed to eliminate high voltage and current during installation, maintenance, and firefighting
- Built-in monitoring of battery status, PV production, remaining backup power, and self-consumption data
- Remote access to inverter software and battery
The SolarEdge meter is used for production and consumption readings, and is required for self-consumption management. The meter is not required when StorEdge is used as a backup solution only.
Compatible with LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H battery storage systems
SMA Sunny Boy Inverter
MORE SUN FOR THE HOME
STORING SOLAR ENERGY SIMPLY AND COST-EFFECTIVELY
The Sunny Boy Storage is the right solution for people who want to make their home independent from conventional electric utility companies and rising electricity costs by using intermediate storage for their solar energy. This gives you maximum flexibility both now and in the future.
A SMART COMBINATION
FLEXIBLE AND COST-EFFECTIVE SYSTEM DESIGN AROUND THE CLOCK
With the Sunny Boy Storage, customers benefit from markedly reduced system and installation costs and flexible applications. Thanks to AC coupling, the battery inverter can be installed or expanded in any location, at any time, regardless of whether or not there is already a PV system installed. The Sunny Boy Storage is a true jack-of-all-trades, one that uses high-voltage technology to make it cost-efficient and light weight. It also uses just a few components, because the most important functions for intelligent battery management are already integrated. This makes the Sunny Boy Storage the ideal choice for putting more sun in your electricity supply.
- For new and existing systems: reduced installation costs, can be retrofitted and expanded at any time, as needed
- For almost all PV system types: string inverters, module inverters and power optimizers
- Can be combined with numerous types of energy: PV, wind energy, combined heat and power plants
- Matched with LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H lithium-ion battery storage systems
- Most cost-effective AC-connected battery inverter on the market
- 97% efficiency allows for optimal use of cached energy
- Maximum PV yields while meeting all applicable regulations for feed-in limits
- Easy to use
- Quick and straightforward one-person installation, thanks in part to it weighing only 9 kg
- Simple installation using a smartphone or tablet via WLAN and an intuitive web interface
- Everything at your fingertips thanks to its direct connection to Sunny Portal / Sunny Places
KEEP UP WITH EVERYTHING
THE RIGHT SOLUTION, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Systems with the Sunny Boy Storage can be flexibly adapted to individual needs at any time. Whether the family situation changes, perhaps with the purchase of an electric car, which needs charging daily, or with a swimming pool in the garden for pleasure–with the Sunny Boy Storage, storage systems and PV systems can always be designed or expanded to suit specific requirements. The battery inverter is also versatile when it comes to the method of generating energy. From the photovoltaic system and the wind turbine system to the combined heat and power plant, anything is possible. For a secure electricity supply at any time.
SUITABLE FOR ANY INITIAL SITUATION
NEW INSTALLATION: PV SYSTEM WITH BATTERY STORAGE
Would you like to be independent from conventional power generators and rising energy costs? The Sunny Boy Storage is a great, cost-effective solution. You can install a storage system with the lowest-possible costs and just a few components. You can start storing the energy from the sun—quickly and simply.
MODERNIZE: PV SYSTEM WITH BATTERY STORAGE
Are you still feeding valuable energy into the grid with your PV system, even after the feed in-tariff has expired? Then simply use a storage system to be able to use the energy you produce yourself. You’ll benefit from reduced energy purchases and enjoy greater independence from your electric utility company. You only need three additional components: With the Sunny Boy Storage, the battery and the Energy Meter, you can turn your existing PV system into a full-fledged storage system.
EXPAND: ALIGN AN EXISTING PV STORAGE SYSTEM WITH INCREASING DEMAND
Would you like to expand your existing system to handle additional loads with solar energy? Not a problem for systems with the Sunny Boy Storage. You can expand your PV system retroactively at any time to meet your energy needs, independent from the storage system.
NOW MATCHED WITH LG CHEM HIGH VOLTAGE 400V RESU7H AND RESU10H BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEMS
Install and start saving money on your power bills today.
Fronius Symo Hybrid Inverter
“24H sun” is the Fronius vision of how energy will be supplied in the coming decades. The Fronius Symo Hybrid is a major step towards this vision. Boasting power categories ranging from 3.0 to 5.0 kW, the transformerless inverter allows unused energy from a photovoltaic system to be stored in a battery. The result: maximum self-consumption of the available power and maximum energy independence. Excess solar power can thus be used at times when generating conditions are poor or impossible. With the emergency power function, the household can enjoy an optimum electricity supply even during power outages. Perfect system configuration and visualisation are provided by the built-in web server with graphical interface, WLAN and Ethernet. In addition, the DC coupling on the battery guarantees maximum efficiency of the overall system.
Fronius Symo Hybrid 3.0-3-S
Fronius Symo Hybrid 4.0-3-S
Fronius Symo Hybrid 5.0-3-S
·Emergency power function and battery can be retrofitted
·Range of different storage capacities available (4.5 - 12.0 kWh)
·retrofittable to existing PV systems
·No multiple conversions between AC and DC
·High-performance lithium technology
·Integrated WLAN and Ethernet
·Commissioning wizard for straightforward configuration
·Maximisation of self-consumption
·Three-phase emergency power supply
·Grid phase balancing support
The Fronius Symo Hybrid is the heart of the 24H Sun storage solution. From a simple inverter one minute, the battery and emergency power function can be added in no time. The result: sun by day, sun by night and sun during power outages.
Fronius Symo Hybrid Inverters matched with LG Chem high voltage 400V RESU7H and RESU10H battery storage systems.